We had a backyard Mad Science party for Adrian's 8th Birthday with his school friends and cousin Noah. Adrian's friend Cole stayed overnight. They had a great time making science experiments in the backyard and setting off the fogger machine in our living room. Later that day, Adrian made a "goodbye 7 year old" death mask and we did a Buddhist warrior ceremony as a rite of passage for his transformation to an 8 year old. Adrian learned the Warrior Vow, which is "As a warrior, I will be kind to myself. As a warrior, I will be kind to others. As a warrior, I will be kind to the world. The warrior's way is fearless and gentle. Today the seed of warriorship has been planted in me. Ki Ki! So So!"
Jun 18, 2009
Adrian's 8th Birthday
We had a backyard Mad Science party for Adrian's 8th Birthday with his school friends and cousin Noah. Adrian's friend Cole stayed overnight. They had a great time making science experiments in the backyard and setting off the fogger machine in our living room. Later that day, Adrian made a "goodbye 7 year old" death mask and we did a Buddhist warrior ceremony as a rite of passage for his transformation to an 8 year old. Adrian learned the Warrior Vow, which is "As a warrior, I will be kind to myself. As a warrior, I will be kind to others. As a warrior, I will be kind to the world. The warrior's way is fearless and gentle. Today the seed of warriorship has been planted in me. Ki Ki! So So!"