May 9, 2009

Spring Elementary/Middle School Camping Trip - Moab




This year's Elementary/Middle School Spring Camping trip was in Moab, and Adrian and I were both looking forward to the trip for months. I haven't been to Moab in about 5 years (it's about 4 hours south of Salt Lake). It's such a beautiful, unusual place! Unfortunately my appendix ruptured on the day before we planned to head down to Moab, so my going was not an option. I was pretty sad about missing the trip, and really wanted Adrian to have that time with his friends as well. Robyn started calling the Elementary families and Melanie (Kiran's teacher and a Lower Elementary parent as well) offered to bring Adrian with her family. Thank you Melanie!! Adrian had a great time and told me all about it when he returned on Sunday. He got to go rock climbing for the first time and played "river" and "ghosts in the graveyard" with his friends. I'm grateful that he got to go on the trip and I'm looking forward to next year...